Saturday, March 28, 2009

Einstein in the garden

Last fall I planted 6 packs of lettuce seed. All at once. I had enough lettuce to feed all the rabbits in the free world. What I should have done is plant two packs at a time - at one month intervals. I'm tempted to say that this is where special relativity is most applicable, but will refrain from making such gratuitous speculation.

Pictures (lettuce showing signs of end of season exhaustion):
Top row, left to right: Rubin lettuce (my favorite, slow to bolt); Japanese Minowase Daikon radish (gone to seed).

Bottom row: Forellenschluss lettuce (speckled like a trout); and Parris Island Cos.

Tomorrow I will pull out all the lettuce that has gone to seed - and put it in the compost pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words are only true if I deem them to be so.